Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, October 04, 2017

OF WHEELS & DRAINS (photomorph) & WILD MEMORY (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


WILD MEMORY

as I wash my hands of it all
in the tiny metal sink,
a loud old rock song
crashes through the air
as if a door had slammed
open onto the past;
I can't help but sing along
in my imitation alto:
"Gitch yer motor runnin'...
Head out on the highway..."
yeah, it's "Born to Be Wild"
for sure that's shaking the walls
of this room:
"Lookin' for adventure...
"And whatever comes our way...,"
the vibrations tickling my bare feet;
Wow! I think, I can't believe
I recall the lyrics to this old hippie
anthem so clearly:
"Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace"

I bounce and bob to the insistent
beat, as I cleanse my hands
until the song ends and the water
runs clear in the sink, leaving
the coral colored soap bar
in the basin, not wanting to get
my hands soapy again to lift it
out; it's where it needs to be
ultimately anyway, just
as I am, my hands clean,
and my heart energized
again, this time by a wild
ride on a memory


[free verse poem on a dream of 10-3-17. I was curious about that color coral, as I so infrequently "see" color in dreams. So I googled its symbolism, finding a very interesting pie-chart that has a particular color for each month. Surprisingly coral is for 9-23 to 10-21. And I really liked the words associated with it (the underlined I see as most applicable to the dream): victory, beauty, physical energy, vitality, vigilance, strength [this was also emphasized in the pie chart], will-power, dedication, and protection. It would take a novella (or at least a very long essay :-D) to go into where all this has taken me in further understanding of this dream. Suffice it to say, it's an even more positive dream than I'd thought before looking into coral's symbolism. BTW, I don't just take "as is," what any symbolic meanings that I find in internet research may offer. To the contrary, I carefully determine how they fit and/or echo a dream's images, and/or my deep associations to the dream. No fit and/or echo, then the meanings of the symbolism I've garnered from the internet aren't applicable. Photomorph "Of Wheels & Drains" (2-19-10 19951ev6f) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home