Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, September 28, 2017

LIGHTING UP THE NIGHT (photomorph) & FOR WILLIE NELSON (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


FOR WILLIE NELSON*

ah, dear Willie, this is the first time
you've actually visited me, what
a surprise! sorry to be a typical
fan girl, but I can't help it, I'm so
in love with you ...

oh no, must you leave so soon? ... um,
I'm even more embarrassed to ask
but may I give you a kiss ...
don't worry, I know you must get
this sort of thing all the time
and it will only be on your
forehead, not an intimate
lip to lip ...

you give me such hope, old man
(emphasis there on "man"
my dear, believe me), if I and
so many others can crush on you
like this, at your still smokin' age,
there's hope someone might, maybe,
with a ton of luck, and a pinch
of good karma, crush on old
lady me before I leave this long time,
lonesome-in-a-crowd planet

it would be so lovely, hell,
so hot! but in the meantime
your singing that thrums like distant
thunder, your rain beaten face, your
long braids like lightning strikes
lighting up your battered old
guitar, well, they nourish me

if only in the repeated visits I make
to the confines of YouTube
or in this brief, delightfully
unexpected visit from you,
jump starting the heart
of a dream


[free verse poem on a dream of 9-27-17. *I've probably mentioned this here before but I've become a major fan of Willie Nelson over the past year or so. And as an off shoot of that, of Country Western Music as a whole (the older songs, not the newer stuff that's almost indistinguishable at times from pop songs and such). Photomorph "Lighting Up the Night" (9-17-17 020v3) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home