Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, October 07, 2017

BUDDING (photomorph) & THE PRICE (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THE PRICE

all this stuff I've chosen to take!
yeah, it's lovely it's all being given
away for free -- especially as I can
really use very bit of it -- but how
the blazes will I carry it home?

each time I go over how best
to stack it so that I can heft it,
I swear everything in the pile of books
and shoes and papers and chachkies,
has multiplied magically

I can clearly imagine each item
budding off a complete duplicate
of itself in a mitotic attempt to
frustrate my best efforts to manage
this haul on my own

the donor of these seemingly
living objects approaches me with her
rapidly increasing concern: will I be
taking it all, or not? I assure her
I will take every last item, just not
all at once, then asking if she knows
of any way to curb the tendency
of these objects to multiply, and
maybe even how to reverse the last
two sets of duplication?

to my utter surprise she doesn't even
know what I'm talking about, as if
it's perfectly normal and usual
for, say, a book to shimmy and
shine and ... POP! ... become two
copies of the same tome

I begin to accept that dealing with this
challenging multiplicity is the price
I'm paying this time for accepting
what was touted to be free


[free verse poem on a dream of 10-4-17. Photomorph "Budding" (3-9-10 10004v3) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home