Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, September 04, 2017

WANNABE VIOLIN (photomorph) & NIGHT MUSIC (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


NIGHT MUSIC

his young male face intense,
the professional musician listens
closely as my father plays a piano solo:
a well-known classical piece, that I,
too, am familiar with

I glance up at the young man for his
verification as I say "Ah, here comes
that thread of a theme that the composer
wove so intricately throughout," while
my father plays this thread note-by-note,
no fillips or fanciful turns, just a simple
one-handed tune that has haunted me
my entire life as I've stumbled across
faint echoes of it in my search for healing

then my father's playing reaches the elegantly
embroidered section, abounding with sustain
pedal work, and over- and under-tones;
I'm astounded at how much better my father's
two-handed playing is than I'd ever recalled,
not only creatively interpretive and incredibly
fast, but accurate, each of the many, many
layers of notes swathing the night
in sweet healing

the young man's face now shines
with astonishment, just as I'm sure that mine
must now reveal my pride: that's my Dad!


[free verse poem on a dream of 9-2-17. Amazing how one can have an exceptionally awful day and have a dream like this. I feel some part of me is healed. At the very least, I feel determined to leave shame behind. Ah! And I just recalled Dad's birthday is coming up (September 22). Photomorph "Wannabe Violin" (8-29-17 005v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home