Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, September 01, 2017

STAIRWAY HOME (photo) & A MODEST POEM (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


A MODEST POEM
(in memory of Gladys Dorf*)

she nods and softly responds to my inquiry
"Yes, I write, but only limericks..."

"Only limericks!" I say, "they're a challenge,
I've tried them, but between their having
to be funny, and to have a certain number
of lines and rhymes I gave up!"

she looks at me with a gently amused
disbelief, adding "If you want, I'll show
you some of them ... sometime..."

but sometime never did come and now
she's gone and I regret that I only asked
her maybe once more in the years
she was our much loved neighbor,
if I could read a few of her limericks

so, if you ever feel me pushing you,
it's not that I'm a pest by nature,
or nosy, but only that I don't want
to lose out on something wonderful
in you because you are too modest
or shy to share it


[non-dream free verse poem written 8-31-17] *Gladys was a well-loved neighbor in our community. All of the friends we lose from our retirement community leave holes in our lives. The gap Gladys leaves is a big one. Photo "Stairway Home" (8-31-17 001v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home