Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, September 07, 2017

BLUE ROCKS OUT (photomorph) & TAKING THE LEAD (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


TAKING THE LEAD

the dream poem doesn't want
to be written, false start after false
start litters the page; like my 12 year old
self's dream steps toward the dark wood
stage, the poem's early words move forward
then freeze for crossing out, then flow again,
finally staying in the spotlight of vision to
dance as my adolescent self did in the dream
contest, partnered by my older self:

once I realize my adolescent self's not
going to shy away again from my waltz
hold, I whisper in her ear "You remember,
don't you? what it means when you're held
this way? You have to take the lead"

my girl self looks at me with scared
resolve (after all, she's only taken
two classes in waltzing) and nods,
leading me gently into a series of
opening 3/4 time swirls, her old
dark dress transforming magically
into a frothy, palest blue gown

and I whisper again "It's time to
spin in the other direction, I know
you'll do just fine with the transition"
and she leads us through not only
correctly, but elegantly; we finish
the waltz to what feels like genuine
applause from the unseen audience

to both of our delights (and my girl
self's utter surprise), we win first prize;
she stands holding her small silver
trophy, gazing at it with a mix
of pride and bemusement; yes, I
can imagine her feelings: nigh on
to no experience and then having
to take the lead, but sometimes
the courage to stay with what
the moment both demands
and offers works wonders


[free verse poem on a dream of 9-6-17. I'd love to be certain that this is what's happening, not a simple wish fulfillment dream. But just like waking life, dreams are more often unclear and take twisty, hard to follow paths, than they are straightforward. This one has precipitated several, many leveled questions for a Tarot reading I'll do later today. Of course, Tarot and dreams behave in very much the same way. So when I consult the Tarot on a dream its sort of like triangulation: get different angles in addition to the dream's and I just might find that point I'm trying to locate. Photomorph "Blue Rocks Out" (8-30-10 10019v12b) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home