Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, July 24, 2017

RIDING IT OUT (photo) & HURTS SO GOOD (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


HURTS SO GOOD

sometimes it hurts so good
to bear the sear of yearning
for what I cannot have, to feel that burning
flash of electric constriction in my breast,
that cattle prod shock of pain, or to ride
that manic roller coaster of sobbing
under the hot eye of the sun, clinging
to my own sides hoping when I'm thrown
out this time it will be free of any collision,
any lasting damage, even as that familiar
stitch in my heaving ribs begins
to knot the brokenness
together again

and though you'll probably think I'm crazy
I'll still take all this any day and appreciate
the aliveness salting the mix,
rather than return to that arctic cold
of decades ago, to those years of pacing
a dark and solitary prison cell
of unyielding bone, those years
of being dead and buried,
without ever having died


[non-dream free verse poem written 7-23-17. Photo "Riding It Out" (4-3-17 019v4) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home