Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, June 08, 2017

BIRTH OF A GALAXY (photo) & WHY WON'T YOU MOVE ON (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


WHY WON'T YOU MOVE ON

why won't you move on and out
of my life? they may say that a watched
pot never boils, but we all know that's
not true so no matter how much you
fill me with your heat there should
come a time when you've simply
evaporated; even clouds move more
or less quickly by and out of sight;
and what about that day moon next
to that tall straight palm in the sunny
sky? even its distant face has moved
further from any perception of nearness
to the tree while I was scribbling down
these words; so, why not you? why do you
rise each morning like the sun and each
night like a densely starred constellation
I'll never be able to touch though my palms
and fingers weep with desire: even if I were
to stumble upon a time warp and swoop
through the night sky to centuries ago, I'll
still only meet up with the last cool light
you gave off; the warmth and solidity
of you no longer exists there, but some
place else, farther away, in some
time even longer ago


[non-dream free verse poem written 6-5-17. Photo "Birth of a Galaxy" (6-4-17 006v2b) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

2 Comments:

At 6:35 PM , Blogger LGD said...

I'm having trouble reading this one, given that the varying length of the lines leads to a suggestive shape when you look at the poem as a whole :)

 
At 1:12 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Yeah, me, too, though I saw a shape suggestive of both the female form and an aspect of the male, depending on which way I look at it. LOL. BTW, you may have noticed I'm tending to format my poems in this varying line length; all ultimately in one "stanza," with semicolons creating any necessary fuller pauses (or sometimes an exclamation point, question mark, closing quote mark, or elipsis). This odd formatting (odd to my knowledge) emerged on its own. It just felt right and comfortable as it did so, so I've continued to write in it. Go figure the (aging) mind of a (wanna be) poet! Thanks for stopping by, LGD.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home