Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, June 04, 2017

FISHING FOR THE LIGHT (photomorph) & HOPING AGAINST HOPE (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


HOPING AGAINST HOPE

yeah, I get it, you can stop nattering away at me;
all these traumas -- from childhood forward --
have broken me open wider to the world than many folk,
leaving my five senses almost always fully online and
operational (making me appear to some to be psychic;
no such, just all too aware) and I work harder to find
meaning in everything (hoping against hope that this
time I'll be greatly surprised and the meaning won't be
"danger"); but by my Goddess and stars and all the planets,
isn't there some other way to open a human to this profound
and scintillating existence, than pain? I have vague
memories of another way and to paraphrase
that old song: "Where is this thing
called love"?


[non-dream free verse poem written 6-4-17. Sorry for this one, it does feel a little bit self-pitying. But I'll leave it be since it is, if nothing else, a genuine inquiry. BTW, the actual song line/title is "What is this thing called love?" Photomorph "Fishing for the Light" (5-20-17 006v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home