Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

AT THE EDGE OF NOTHING (photomorph) & THROW ME A BONE (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


THROW ME A BONE

throw me a bone with even the slightest
shred of meat left on it, and I will content
myself with gnawing away, hungry though
I may remain; or how's about this for
a metaphorical hook: toss me a good
sized piece of cork and along with my
furious paddling I'll be able to stay above
water, at least for now; but all that's ever
flung my way like an afterthought
is the nothingness of knowing nothing,
of not having a clue as to what's going on:
hey, even the idiocy of an "alternative fact"*
teasing me with it's doomed hope would keep
me afloat for a little while, with my
dizzy, throbbing head above the roiling
waves (while my heart goes on drowning)


[non-dream poem written 5-29-17. *"Alternative facts,"from Wikipedia. Photomorph "At the Edge of Nothing" (5-2-10 10052v3b) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home