Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

NO WAY OUT (photo) & THE INCURSION (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


THE INCURSION

there he stands, all tall
and slim, his usual handsome
charming aged self,
yet I really don't want him moving
into my apartment, no way!

but the best I can
do, I figure, is put him off
'til July sometime,
that'll at least give me a few months
to get used to the inevitable

before I can tell
him this, he goes on happily
about how simple
it's going to be for him to bring all
his stuff over here by next Tuesday

yikes! that's only days away, and I know
my landlord won't buy my desire to delay

and so I accept what can't be changed
(dang that Serenity Prayer* for sneaking in)

I've wanted a man in my life,
if not in my actual living space

but here he is! I just wish I felt more
capable of handling this incursion


[a mix of tanka and two-liners on a dream of 3-20-17. *"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change // Courage to change the things I can // And wisdom to know the difference." Photo "No Way Out" (12-31-10 10202e) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home