Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, March 17, 2017

OUT FOR A STROLL (photo) & ON THE PROWL (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


ON THE PROWL

ah, my dear friend of almost
sixty years, what twists and flips
life takes: I'm sure you recall
when, as young women parading
on the prowl for guys -- mostly
those beautiful young sailors
on shore leave, you'd growl
at me again and again under
your breath to slow down,
that your legs aren't as long
as mine? what irony! for now
this oldster not only walks
so slowly you'd make the
opposite complaint, but uses
a walker for her long prowls;
and yet, the speed's all that's really
changed for I still sometimes
wish you weren't all the way across
this wide continent, but right here
beside me on a lazy stroll, as we draw
the approving eyes and bold approach
of a couple of hot men


[non-dream free verse poem written 3-16-17. Photo "Out for a Stroll" (6-10-09 2014) by Roswila. And I would shame my family name, Kelly, if I didn't wish everyone a very HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!)

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home