Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

STALKING THE LAND (photo) & WHAT IF (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


WHAT IF

keep your mitts off me!
and don't ever whisper like that
in my ear again unless you
really mean it! I'm the stuff
stalkers are made of, with any
more encouragement at all,
I'll attach every last bit of my
yearning to you and never
let go, then no matter where
you travel my obsession
with you will trail behind,
an endless wake of desire ...
ah, but don't worry, you'll
never even know it's there,
except maybe when your nights
echo hollowly and you sense
an odd resonance running
through you at an unbidden
thought of me, a startling
wistfulness you do not care
to own and huff quickly away
as an insignificant mystery:
what if?


[non-dream free verse poem written 3-9-17. Photo "Stalking the Land" (3-14-17 037v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home