Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, January 23, 2017

WAITING FOR THE FIRE (photomorph) & A MATTER OF MIND (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


A MATTER OF MIND

honestly, I mumble to no one in particular,
I didn't want that annoying woman dead!
just out of my life, out of my face all
the time with her arrogant assumptions
and I really didn't want them to turn her
into a zombie, one of those scary
nauseating creatures, but worst of all,
if they had to turn her, why into this
pitiful slave version, bereft of all real
hunger but to seek approval by doing
what pleases her masters; I can barely
stand to watch the vague remnants
of ego in her dirty, melting face
as she calls out in a cracking voice
"See? I've even learned to drive!"
I know they'd ordered her to do so
because a wild zombie hoard has been
sighted outside our small compound and
will be attacking soon, their hunger for
human flesh still ravenously alive (irony
intended), and we'll need all the vehicles
and drivers we can muster to make good
our escape; I'm gently shoved into the
front seat next to the tractable zombie at
the wheel and told to be her anchor
in the present as it seems once tamed
and wild hunger no long drives it, what
little's left of a zombie's mind wanders
in out and out of time, making for a
rather useless slave; horror on horror,
I think, wondering how I'll ever hold
on to my own mind now knowing all
all of this, and a burning feeling sinks
right through me: it doesn't
even matter any more


[free verse poem on a dream of 1-22-17. Yup, the day leading up to this dream was as bad as all that. Photomorph "Waiting for the Fire" (1-18-17 003v8a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home