Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, January 15, 2017

CLIMBING THE SUNSET (photomorph) & THE FLYING GALLEON (dream narrative) by Roswila


THE FLYING GALLEON

an artist collective's giving a sale on the
roadside berm of nearly life sized unicorn
models they make in different pastel colors
and lively poses

I say to a friend Look! just what our little
friend would love for her birthday! and I
buy one of these endlessly magical
creatures, hauling its considerable arm
load over to a lush green lawn to check it
out further

when I press a mother of pearl button
shining on its neck it turns into a male
human, full size, with a thick body
made of animated wood

he turns slowly toward me and even more
slowly speaks: Ah, wife, you're here, it's
time now to go home, I'll take care
of you as I promised in our wedding vows

I look him over thoroughly, then watch
the sun glinting in his slicked back brown
hair, and I realize that by pressing his button
I'd not only turned him inside out but
activated his full program, and think that
there are far worse things I could have now
in my life than a strong and handsome, if
somewhat wooden man (hoping he's a bit
more truthful than Pinocchio before
his own change)

suddenly there's a hoopla in the harbor:
the flying galleon has arrived; my "husband,"
friends, and I rush to the dockside; the ship
floats just above the water, and we are all
clearly meant to board; when it's my turn
I can't haul myself up the dark wood side
of the ship, and neither can my "husband"

I try again, but only wind up back on
the green lawn with my "husband,"
pondering our dilemma: it seems our
ship's come in but we're too heavy
to climb aboard; what we need is to
somehow lighten up, get on board,
and go on the adventure this flying
galleon surely offers


[narrative on a dream of 1-14-17. Photomorph "Climbing the Sunset" (12-15-16 021v2c) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home