Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, January 20, 2017

SEEKING THE LOST PIECES (photomorph) & PUZZLES (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


PUZZLES

an evening spent sad and embarrassed
on discovering vengeful feelings
underlie my silence toward him:
this piece of the puzzle hard to take
even as it slips quickly into its place
in the evolving big picture

then in my dreams I'm gifted
with a strange new man: tall, slim, auburn
haired with a neat, trim mustache;
well, when I say gifted, I mean that just
a man new to my dream or waking life,
his stance radiating interest,
is a rare delight

but still, when he reaches for my ankles
I am a bit startled and protective
(they're no great shakes and overly tender)
he pulls back gently, calming commenting
he'd only wanted to re-align them so
my legs would line up better with my spine
(hm, a chiropractor? this could be
extremely interesting, I think)

as he then watches me start to edit
a Harlequin/Silhouette romance (it's freelance
work* I do, I tell him with a little pride: not
in the topic but in the skill it implies)
I wonder if he'll leave me his phone number,
or maybe even ask for mine

sigh, this is all too much like a romance
novel plot and I'm way past weary
after all the waking and dreamed games:
some clarity and directness would be
very much appreciated, like a jig-saw puzzle
already put together, clearly laid out
and available for enjoyment


[free verse poem on a dream of 1-19-17. *Many years ago I did actually do freelance work critiquing Harlequin/Silhouette romance manuscripts that had been submitted for possible publication. I never did become a fan of romance novels, but developed a healthy respect for how much work goes into their writing, editing, and then preparation for publication. Photomorph "Seeking the Lost Pieces" (1-9-17 002v3b) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home