Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, November 11, 2016

IN THE EYE OF THE FIRE OPAL (photomorph) & A GOOD FRIEND'S QUESTION (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


A GOOD FRIEND'S QUESTION

yes, your fire opal
needs to be worn frequently
to replenish its
large water content,* but what does
this black stone you love need most

what care is required,
how should it be treated for its
beauty to shine through


[a tanka and dreamku on a dream of 11-10-16. *This is actually said of opals, and I did know this before I had the dream. On another subject, today is
VETERAN'S DAY. And although I do not think the childhood traumas I still struggle with come anywhere near what many vets live with, they do give me a basis for deep sympathy. And so I offer a prayer for healing and good lives for all. Photomorph "In the Eye of the Fire Opal" (12-7-14 005v6b) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home