Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

RISING SUN (photomorph) & HITCH HIKERS (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


HITCH HIKERS

the sun warms my breast and I think
yes, it's going to be OK ... no, not "going to be,"
but is OK, and moving forward,
and whatever comes along for the ride:
sadness, joy, rage, regret, mourning, calm --
a motley hitch hiker
who sticks out like a sore thumb
but ultimately disembarks,
fading back into the dark
that enfolds this road to the future


[non-dream free verse poem written 10-18-16. I wrote this a month ago, have worked on it several different times since, and I'm still not sure about it. Not that I'm ever really sure about a poem. It's like what Paul Valery said, a poem is never finished, just abandoned. I reach a point where I've done the best I can and if I don't feel it should be deleted, then it might be time to let it go, out into the world. After all, I can always do further editing -- which I do occasionally do, even years later. (BTW, I wish I could feel as OK with the results of our Presidential election. Scary.) Photomorph "Rising Sun" (11-8-16 05v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home