Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

DANCE OF THE DENDRITES (photo) & THE WALL HANGING (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THE WALL HANGING

she supposes this is what's known as
a "labor of love" (or rather, wants very
much to think so) and not the romantic
task that it sounds like but "self love"
as when one falls or is shoved onto
the sword of reality and is pierced
by the need for self care, waiting
no more for the rescuing Prince,
nor making anymore frantic searches
for a magic potion, but using her own
two hands to spin endless threads
out of nothing, with which she sews
the night's dreams back together
(her knuckles and wrists aching),
repairing that vast and heavy,
rainbow colored wall hanging
she somehow senses each dream
was a part of before her recall
rent each dream from the other,
unraveling the unconscious whole
of the night's dreaming fabric


[free verse poem on a dream of 11-7-16. I sort of woke up and began recalling a series of dreams intending to make notes. But fell back to sleep and had the one the above is based on. Upshot, I forgot all dreams but this one and one other rather long one (which I am working on a poem about). This dream reflects something I'm fairly certain I've mentioned here before: my theory that what we recall as separate dreams may really be pieces of one large dream from a night. Reconstructing the dream wall hanging also echoes what's been happening in my waking life. Like some huge jig saw puzzle, memories I've always had are being put together for the first time to create a larger picture of which I've not been aware. A process and emerging result that are explaining a lot and easing some things, but mostly are quite painful. Photo "Dance of the Dendrites" (10-27-16 010v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

2 Comments:

At 7:00 PM , Blogger VCW said...

I've tried to post on this poem three times and keep loosing my text, going to a place I don't want to be and becoming very frustrated. I'm telling you this, not because any of it is your fault, but so you will understand why I don't make many comments.

I can't remember all that I said about this piece, but I love it! I want to forward it to a friend if I can figure out how. Thanks, as always, for sharing.

 
At 10:18 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Sorry you're having such trouble leaving comments. I, too, find the blogger comment function confusing and cumbersome. In fact, all comment systems give me trouble of one sort or another. So I really appreciate your persistence.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home