Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

CHANNELING (photomorph) & A DIFFICULT BIRTH (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


A DIFFICULT BIRTH

this birth's a difficult one,
even more so because it's in public

yeah, I'm lying on the sidewalk,
on a sunny day, a man between
my legs watching and guiding
the process (what an irony!
I've wanted a man there
for so long and I finally get one,
but for an unexpected birthing)

another pain hits, not terrible
and certainly not one that inspires
getting behind it with my own
pushing, but I give it a try

he laughs lightly, saying that I'll
have to do far better than that
wimpy try, that I need to
really bear down

well, can you spell "pissed" children?
I tell him off even as another much bigger
pain rolls out and a fear courses
through me that if I push too hard
I'll rip my insides, and somehow
knowing this is an actual danger,
I begin panting rather than pushing

sometimes, no matter what others
may think and even have the temerity to say,
taking it slow's the wisest thing to do


[free verse poem on a dream of 11-15-16. This is one of those rare dreams I have that is quite a surprise on recall. I'd gone to sleep in an awful mood and feeling rather helpless/hopeless. I didn't even think to ask my dreams for advice, and along came this dream. Photomorph "Channeling" (5-25-09 1726v14a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

2 Comments:

At 11:40 AM , Blogger VCW said...

Love it! Photo and poem.

 
At 10:10 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

As always, it's a delight to hear from you, VCW. I wish, though, I knew what was being born in that dream. I seem to have lost sight of it since ... well, the dream did counsel "taking it slow." But at a snail's pace? Hey, at this end of life who has any expectation of much more time. Sorry, my mood absconded with my fingers on that comment. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home