Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, September 03, 2016

TAKING THE DIVE (photomorph) & THE LITTLE BLUE DOG (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THE LITTLE BLUE DOG

the little blue dog pops up
behind me in dream after dream

I started to write "worries at my heels..."
but he's nothing if not relaxed and upbeat
with each of his pronouncements

like this latest one offered in a lisping
stage whisper:

"This is not a bungee jump you're
approaching," he says cheerfully
"no cord will play out and come
to your abrupt rescue"

as I prepare to take the leap anyway,
raising my arms like a diver on a board
but then spreading them wide as if
to embrace the risk, he continues:

"His arms are not a soft place
to fall, even should he open
them to you. Sometimes that's just
the way of it, collision or connection,
either will hurt"

I leap, thinking I'd rather risk it,
as what could hurt more
than these endlessly empty arms


[free verse poem on a dream of 9-2-16. It's quite something to have one's father offer advice in the form of a blue Jack Russell terrier. (My father's stage name was Jack Russell and his favorite color was blue.) Especially given there was a time before I healed my inner relationship to him (essentially forgiving him), when he was a scary dream visitor. I also see in this dream the little dog sometimes interpreted to be warning the fool on The Fool card of the Tarot that he's approaching a cliff's edge. Actually, I could go on at great length about The Fool card and its less obvious relevance to this dream. But won't. I'm mostly just so tickled to have had this intriguing visit from Dad that even the central, shall I say "romantic" aspect is almost eclipsed. Note I say "almost." (Wry smile) Photomorph "Taking the Dive" (5-18-11 11002x) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home