Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, May 26, 2016

POSEUR (photo) & SEARCHING FOR MODELS (on a dream) by Roswila


SEARCHING FOR MODELS

that long-time frenemy of mine and I
decide to design and produce a series
of large art posters, she'll write the sayings
to go on them and I'll do the art work

I approach the model for the first, a dark
young man whom I've known for some time
who quickly shoves the evidence of his still
active addiction into an end table drawer
(a small black plastic object, that I had
already glimpsed and hoped was not
what I thought it was), I don't have any
success explaining to him that what he does
is truly his own business, that I'm not here
to tell him what to do or not to do,
and that I only want him to be the subject
of the first poster (his intense physicality,
if I could have even partly captured it,
would have made for a knockout poster)

then I find myself before the model
for the last poster in the series:
a young woman whose lightness
may be deceptive, who goes about
whatever it is she's doing (I can't seem
to get even a slight visual grip on it)
with unselfconscious acceptance,
I resist approaching her thinking
that she's simply too good to be true,
but quickly note my flash of envy, as well,
and return to trying to figure out what it is
she's doing, but somehow know that even
if I can figure out her activity I'd not
be able to incorporate it in the poster

I move on to ruminating over each of the subjects
I've tentatively identified for the intervening
posters in the series, deeply saddened
by my failure to recruit the models
I'd wanted for these first two efforts


[on a dream of 5-25-16. Photo "Poseur" (4-8a-15 039v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home