Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, June 18, 2016

RED MOON RISING (photomorph) & IN MY FRIEND'S HAND (on a dream) by Roswila


IN MY FRIEND'S HAND

there's a complicated mess in the otherwise
nearly empty room where my friend says
she receives a daily visit from a shy
hummingbird; it's clear there won't be
any visit today (maybe the novelty of my
presence, and the mess is scaring it off) so
I think to help her by packing everything
away in a flat hinged plastic box, including
the bright red plastic ring that the hummer
always lands on and picks up; then a smile
beams on her beautiful old face as she points
around in the air "There, do you hear it?
Do you see it? My hummingbird's
coming in for a landing anyway!" And
indeed, I do, and quickly ask her if she
thought to take out that ruby colored ring
I'd put inside the box; she looks at me
as if to say "Don't be silly, of course I did..."
as the hummer picks up the almost glowing red
ring and flies to drop it in my friend's hand


[on a dream of 6-17-16. This is probably one of the most straight forward dreams I've had in ages (the imagery is all, directly or indirectly, from one actual waking life situation). And I'd like to think the reassurance I get from it is all there is to it. Though, of course, as with most dreams there's probably at least one other less apparent level to it. But I'm not going to plumb the depths today. I'll take the reassurance and run! Smile. (Ack...I didn't run soon enough. I just caught a really painful other level, having to do with my failures.) Photomorph "Red Moon Rising" (3-24-16 007v2b) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home