Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, May 16, 2016

SEEDS OF DESIRE (photomorph) & HORNY (on a dream) by Roswila


HORNY

shaking her head my stepmother says, no, those long
thick bone growths on either side of your hips/waist
(that look like the curving arms of a captain's chair)
are nothing to worry about, totally harmless she says

well, she's not the one walking around with them,
having to angle sideways through doors and sit
only on armless chairs or benches, not to mention
they give others too much of a handle on me

research I do online suggests herbal applications
so I try the one most mentioned in holistic literature,
the name of which I forget when it doesn't work
and just sit there resting my elbows on these odd
bony horns, pondering this newest body problem

the next application I try, one suffused with peaches,
slowly but surely eliminates the left side arm/bone,
the right takes more work and an extra strength
mix of the sweet smelling peach preparation
but it, too, eventually vanishes

what a relief! and yet at the same time I miss
those handy bars on which to rest my tired arms,
arms achy from desire's urgent reaching out,
and, worse, the pain of coming up empty


[written on a dream of 5-15-16. Photomorph "Seeds of Desire" (4-21-16 003v6) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home