Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, April 30, 2016

SHELTERING THE FUTURE (photomorph) & THE SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME (on two dreams) by Roswila


THE SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME
(a play in two short acts)

Act One:

my brother's alcove area in my apartment
has been cleaned out, and I mean almost
entirely emptied, only his bed and one aqua
table/shelf remains; a large dark haired man and I
stand viewing it in surprise, he wondering out loud
if my brother will put more stuff in it, decorate it,
so to speak; I say it would be another surprise
if he did so and not for any monetary reason
(there's that Thrift Store just around
the corner) but because it's never been
my sibling's wont to care about appearances
or even, to some extent, ease of utility


Act Two:

the large dark man from the previous act
watches the selection process: a different
photo of Elvis Presley, from all stages
of his career, is being chosen for each day
of a full month; I'm doing this on my computer,
but once an entire month's worth is pegged,
I'll print them all, playing card size and,
oddly enough, round shaped; a cleaning lady
approaches, curious as to what's being done;
I'm not sure she understands though she
nods sagely when we explain; however, she
clearly knows her work and sets right to it,
carefully whisking a purple feather duster
all around my work station


[on two dreams of 4-29-16. It was my actual brother as a young man, and when Elvis shows up in my dreams he's a father figure. (My father was a singer and there are other associations. BTW, both my brother and father are deceased.) So it seems there's more work being done on my issues with men, going back to their roots. It's too much to go into here, but by a process of association I realized not only is more forgiveness of both my father and brother being asked for, but of myself for not having been what they wanted/needed me to be. I find it interesting that two colors show up, one in each dream, as I rarely dream in color. So I googled them and these are the meanings I see as probably relevant here: Aqua: Recharges our spirits during times of mental stress and tiredness, alleviating feelings of loneliness; helps to open the lines of communication between the heart and the spoken word; and Purple: Symbolizes the union of body and soul, which creates a balance between our physical and spiritual energies; inspires unconditional and selfless love and promotes sensitivity and compassion. Photomorph "Sheltering the Future" (1-19-11 10437v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home