Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, April 21, 2016

SNATCHING THE SUN (photomorph) & CLEARING THE RUNWAY (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


CLEARING THE RUNWAY

thieves in the night, all of them!

the little girl absconds rapidly (in the way
only children can, helter skelter)
with my purse, I catch her in the bathroom
and reclaim it, noticing she'd already
nabbed my loaded key ring
from it and take that back, also,
its jingling echoing loudly in the tiny space
as if to demand attention

then that young dark haired man snatches
a miniscule patriotic symbol of mine
that I'd placed (just for a second)
on the serving table in order to free my hands
to find something else in my purse,
he seems delighted when I grab it back, as if
he'd accomplished what he'd set out to do

and who stole all the artwork from these
dirty restaurant walls? all I saw was the back
of a head and body, framed by the mass
of pictures they were holding close
to their chest as they scrambled
through the door into the night

but most of all why do the words
"clearing the runway" keep coming to mind?
I have no wings to speak of, unless, of course,
one counts the angels who must have stolen me away
from the miserable fate I so long worked to create


[free verse poem on a dream of 4-20-16. Photomorph "Snatching the Sun" (3-24-16 015v5b) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home