Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, April 25, 2016

AT THE BARRE (photo) & BOOKKEEPING (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


BOOKKEEPING

even in sleep
trying for the gazillionth time
to balance the books,
to make everything come out right

and me, practically enumerate,
still attempting to do mathematics
in my poor befuddled head

ah, there, now it balances,
though the debit's a humongous figure
standing like a blatant billboard
on a highway to nowhere,
while the credit (that pitifully small number)
crouches in the narrow right hand column
imprisoned in dark brackets

don't ask me how this can be balanced,
I certainly don't know, but I'm told
that it is in the larger scheme of things
and something beneath my anxiety agrees,
even as it trails an ironic footnote:
why keep books at all?


[free verse poem on a dream of 4-24-16. I blush to admit it. Although not totally enumerate, I have a devil of a time doing the times table in my head (thank heavens for calculators). Photo "At the Barre" (3-22-16 021v3) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home