Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

ROOM FOR TWO (photo) & WHAT A TRIP! (on a dream) by Roswila


WHAT A TRIP!

boarding the van/bus/ATF I wonder
just what it's for and where this guy
is taking me and the several others
getting on this odd vehicle

I feel relatively little anxiety about going
along for this ride to I-don't-know-where
but can see seating's going to be a problem
(no leg room and my long legs
with their arthritic knees need space)

just as I find a seat that can meet
my needs I realize this outing might be
a photo safari and I sit back hopefully
to look out the window

then an attractive man about my age,
someone I'd noticed earlier but not met,
sits next to me and before we can
even say hello another man flops into
the narrow space on his other side

yowza! that pushes the attractive man
right flat up against me, shoulder
to ankle (not that I mind at all,
mind you, a touch deficit goes with me
everywhere, even into dreams)
and when he apologizes for the accidental
mashing I say "Not to worry..."

to make a long story short, things progress
between us, so far beyond mannerly exchanges
that fellow passengers give us the back bedroom
I'd not known was there (I laugh in a somewhat
lucid* way, thinking it's far better than simply
being ordered to "Get a room!")

and now to draw a polite curtain on the rest
of this dream, it seems that sometimes
not knowing where we're going can take us
exactly where we need to be


[on a dream of 4-26-16. *"lucid" here refers to knowing one is dreaming as one is dreaming. Photo "Room for Two" (4-15-14 067v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home