Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, March 21, 2016

AT THE FRINGES (photomorph) & THREE DREAM SYMBOLS (from three dreams of one night) by Roswila


THREE DREAM SYMBOLS

Dream One: he plays his space piano,
yes, out in space, floating around
(don't tell me you can't hear sound
in a vacuum, he's playing it and I
hear it!) and then he carefully folds
it up to stash it away on board
the huge shuttle; I approach him
shyly but hopefully (he seems friendly,
or at least the music had a welcoming
feel to it) "Could I borrow that incredible
traveling piano sometime? I'd be oh-so-
respectful of it and it would be lovely
to improvise on as I read my poetry,
I think it would hold the audience's
attention better than my words..."

Dream Two: on the computer screen
hangs (that's the only way to describe
it) an image of a large, black shawl-like
piece that's entirely long fringes,
the central ones red, forming a life-sized
human hand; I regretfully turn off
the computer but the shawl remains,
sliding down to my table top; I pick
it up and fling it lightly over my left
shoulder and shimmy away, saying
to a man whose interest I crave
"Does the hand look like it's waving?"

Dream Three: I donate a pile of stuff
to the soon to be closed Thrift Store,
wondering who will buy my large, empty
picture frame (dark and totally empty,
only air filling it's almost square shape);
not much later I see that man I'm
sort of friendly with but can't quite
get past a mild doubt about; he carries
the frame and he's filled it with something
that's totally Kelly green; I think
"And so I've been framed..."


[from three dreams of 3-20-16. I'm not going to pick these apart for "meaning." I've been enjoying just letting them open for me as they will. I will say it's sort of fun to have had a Kelly green symbol on the first night of spring, and that there does seem to be a theme running through them of trying to get attention. And I'm not sure that the last line is as completely negative as the usual meaning of that expression is (I've already had a positive association to it), though the fear of that is in there. Out of curiosity I just googled "red hand" and discovered it's on the Irish flag for the county of Ulster...hm. Then there's that expression "caught red-handed..." I can't help but wonder, though, if that red hand of Ulster isn't related to my waiting for my DNA analysis results. I've always doubted my father's side of the family was as Irish as they claimed, so maybe the analysis will settle that for me. Photomorph "At the Fringes" (5-18-11 11002u) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home