Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, March 18, 2016

BUBBLING TO THE SURFACE (photomorph) & SHARKS (on a dream) by Roswila


SHARKS

they say it's for me to dive down
and retrieve what was dropped into
the deeper water around the bend
of this long walkway on the water

rather than argue I go along, and just
as I'm swimming to the object underwater
to bring it up onto the old wharf, it
falls even further into a narrow trench

and by the faint light of its luminescence
I see two sharks circling fitfully
around it, maybe hammerheads,
but its too murky to say

no way I'm going near that object now,
I think, and I surface quickly to find
the man in charge and tell him
about the sharks

in the time I was below, a crowd
of animals, both domestic and wild,
has gathered, anxiously waiting to see
the parade of floats due to start soon,
their babies splashing happily
in the nearby beach shallows,
and I realize what drew the sharks
into these waters

definitely not what I'd been diving for,
not that little aquarium with it's faint
light and aeration pump bubbling away
in the deeps around the bend

that's funny, I think, a box of water
sunk into deep water ... ah well, retrieval
will just have to wait for a quieter
and less dangerous time

to keep the peace, I was willing to do what
was expected of me and dive, but will not
go so far as to knowingly swim with sharks


[on a dream of 3-17-16. Yikes! A lion of unclear motives yesterday, and now two sharks (and all those animals on the wharf and in the ocean's edge). Messengers for sure, but about what? I have my suspicions, but will need to think a lot more. I just now googled for shark symbolism and was astounded at this on shark meanings. Phew! This has definitely cast a different light on the dream/writing. On first reading about shark symbolism, I thought maybe I should rewrite that ending. But I'm stetting it, as it is one level to the dream. Photomorph "Bubbling to the Surface" (11-6-14 009v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home