Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

THE UNBEATEN HEART (photomorph) & HARD ENOUGH (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


HARD ENOUGH

... and so she goes on singing
that old song that always
tightens her chest and starts
a lump in her throat, wondering
even as she does, why?
"Love me tender...Love me true...
All my dreams fulfilled...For my darlin'
I love you...And I always will..."
waiting anxiously between each group
of words for the next ones to surface
in her sleep, but the tune rises
without any waiting or effort at all
and, even as she dreams on,
aware she's aware she's dreaming,
she recalls that the tune is that of an old
Civil War song, and an "ah HAH,"
pops sharply into her dreaming mind:
love's always an effort to find
much less express, but the war
that pits side against side
goes on beneath it all, an ever
present tide of grief, through which
the love ascends, if one is lucky
and listens hard enough


[free verse poem on a dream of 3-15-16. The tune to "Love Me Tender" is actually from an old Civil War tune, "Aura Lee." And "Love Me Tender" does tend to make me weepy when I hear it. Photomorph "The Unbeaten Heart" (4-29-14 012v4) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL

; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home