Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

LEAD FEET (photomorph) & WOBBLING (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


WOBBLING

weighty dreams last night, all of them
(well, those I recall, there were more
and maybe I should be glad
they didn't stick in memory):

first, a heavy crock pot on my head
(I don't want to deal with food issues,
not again! you should pardon the pun
but this issue is getting stale)

then that miserable neighbor
who expects (and always gets)
a visit from me (I've gotten it into
my head that I must be nice)
and her even more miserable
little dog that I'm (more huge
expectations piled on) supposed
not only to like but (get this)
clean up after and retrieve
when it gets outdoors!

and last (grateful it's last, at least),
that stupid man, lugging a mattress
down the stairs, not bothering
to look where's he's going
(would he even recognize it
if he saw it?) and not even
stopping when I yell to get his
attention so we won't collide
(as we do) while I struggle up the stairs,
and he can clearly hear since he's
oh so quick to deny he did anything
wrong which means his boss
dumps the blame on me ...

the cumulative weight of the night's
dreams just like that old mattress
wobbling on my head


[free verse poem on dreams of 2-16-16. Photomorph "Lead Feet" (10-5-09 7369v12e) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home