Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, February 07, 2016

WORRIMENT (photomorph) & RECLAIMING THE BIT (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


RECLAIMING THE BIT

the friendly, obviously physically fit
woman expresses deep concern
about folk going right from lunch
break gym exercise straight back
to the intense mental stress of their jobs

that can't be good for them, can it?
she queries of no one in particular,
won't they stroke out, or at the very
least wind up even more anxious
with all that new energy rushing around?

I surprise myself by piping up
from the corner where I've been
sitting, wondering if I'll sign up for
the next aerobics class she leads

well, I say thoughtfully, it seems
to me that the opposite's probably true,
physical exercise has so many benefits
that it can't but help our busy brains,
even when they run wild on us

the oxygen supply alone could rescue
a hospital ward full of needy folk,
not to mention the vacation
from thinking, thinking, thinking

the body relishes any chance
to assist the brain, the trick inheres
in reclaiming the bit
from between the teeth
of the runaway mind


[free verse poem on a dream of 2-6-16. This dream was the result of a request I made of my dreams for help with my on-going despairing mood, as I turned over to go so sleep. Photomorph "Worriment" (12-8-15 1689ev4) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home