Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, February 11, 2016

THE BURDEN (photomorph) & COMBINED FREIGHT (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


COMBINED FREIGHT

he stands looking out at the ocean,
a familiar silhouette against the bright sky

as I pass by I say to his back "It's a beautiful
day, isn't it?" and without turning he softly agrees

I do not even slow my brisk pace along the beach
edge path, though still unsure who stood there

for the hushed tones could have come from either
of two men, one from the past, the other from now

it's only clear that I'd disappointed them both,
never becoming who they wanted me to be

and more painful yet? I was, and still am,
even less the person I want myself to be

the noon sun burns, and my feet and legs
begin to hurt almost as much as my spirit

as it bends under the combined freight
of three fantasy women stuck to my back


[free verse dream poem of 2-10-16. Photomorph "The Burden" (3-21-15 010v10) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home