Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, December 10, 2015

YOU CAN'T PIN IT DOWN (photomorph) & TIME TRIPPING (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


TIME TRIPPING

she rounds on me saying, don't rush me!
we have plenty of time ... no, I say,
it's a couple of hours later than you think
we have to get on the stick and set things
up for the next surge of visitors,
they'll all want to party, and hearty
but then I think, I can see how she made
the error, that clock on the wall is not our
usual old fashioned time piece, it's shaped
like a triangle, then hung askew, to boot
so it's fortunate that I tend to rely
more on an inner sense of the passing
hours than on any outer measure
of time's insistent ticking
even while some deeper self exists
entirely independent of the caravan
of time, watching the varied rates
at which it proceeds: leisurely,
swiftly, or at a lumbering crawl, or
sometimes in stuttering fits and starts,
but always flirting and then moving on
before the self caught up in counting
minutes can ever fully grasp
and put it to good use


[free verse poem on a dream of 12-9-15. Photomorph: "You Can't Pin It Down" (11-24-15 053zsumo) by Roswila; the result of my first use of a new editing program I've added to my resources: Sumo Paint. It's going to be great fun to produce images from scratch with it, i.e. without an underlying photo. If I can find the time ... LOL]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home