Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, December 05, 2015

THE TEACHER (photo) & DANCING AROUND (free verse dream poem) by Roswila



DANCING AROUND

so here I am
back in the dance studio
at her invitation
to rehearse a routine
I haven't even been taught

and as usual, she's ignoring
my questions, and going on at length
about something other than the dance

consistent with my recent resolve
to not assume anything,
in any situation, I try and try again
to make my ignorance clear
and get the info I need, nay,
we need since it's ultimately
to be a pas de deux

when my tactful queries bounce off
her chattering like so many
breeze tossed dry leaves, I try
moving in closer but to no effect,
then attempt to joke my way
into her attention,
to break her enchanted stare
in the studio mirror

then for the first time ever
it occurs to me: why do I feel
so obligated not only to take part
in this dance but to do it well,
especially since she clearly doesn't care
to teach me, nattering on as she dances
about something else all together

why hang in
where I might as well
be invisible


[free verse poem on a dream of 12-4-15. After finishing the first draft I thought rather mordantly, maybe I need to break my own stare into that studio mirror. And there is that to this dream. However, it's more about ending relationships that aren't working. Along with other issues, on other levels. Photo "The Teacher" (11-27-15 001v3) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home