Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, December 19, 2015

UNTENDED (photomorph) & LOOKING FOR HOME (about a dream) by Roswila


LOOKING FOR HOME

the tiny dark bird,
though vaguely iridescent
when the setting sun
hits just the right curve
at just the right angle,
is no hummingbird but more
like one of a caged bird species,
maybe a parakeet but too slim and small

my acquaintance keeps letting
it leave the security of his hand,
launching it right off his extended forefinger,
to fly away into the branches of the small tree
we stand next to that could be a twin
to Charlie Brown's Christmas tree
before its transformation

on each flight away from us
the bird flutters and bumbles a bit further
through the nearly bare branches
as I get more and more concerned,
this drought ridden and untended garden
is no kind of home
for a bird raised in a cage

my acquaintance turns to me
noting softly that who are we
to say where its home may be,
that just this yearning to go home
is a home in itself

and he gently launches the bird again
this time higher, toward the setting sun

* * * * * *

[written on a dream of 12-18-15. I was "singing" these lyrics on and off during the dream, and woke up singing them:

I'll be home for Christmas
You can count on me
Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents 'neath the tree

Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love light beams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams

Photomorph "Untended" (11-27-15 007v6a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home