Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, December 17, 2015

THROUGH ROSE COLORED GLASSES (photomorph) & SIDE TRIP (dream narrative) by Roswila]


SIDE TRIP

that long ago friend and I sit in a corner
of the supermarket talking about who knows what:
food? the shoppers pushing their full carts?
(certainly not our hopes and fears, that would be
too intimate for her, at least as I recall)

I begin to get quite hungry and that needs to be
attended to or I'll wind up bingeing later,
so I say good-bye and head for the nearest door
to go home, where I have healthier food to eat
than lines the shelves of this over-stuffed market

several male store workers crowd around a door
onto a side alley gossiping, I squeeze by,
careful not even to brush them, but to no avail,
just my passing presence annoys one of them,
who shoves me in the shoulder
as if I were some great affront to him

I push back lightly telling him not to touch me,
he shoves me again, I yell, don't touch me!
this time he takes me by both shoulders and uses
his full body length to press me against a wall

well, I'm fit to be tied and yell even louder over
his shoulder toward the customers and workers
standing around making believe they don't see
or hear me: This.Man.Won't.Stop.Touching.Me!!

that they can't ignore, heads begin to turn,
and the man backs away from me, shaking
off his hands as if he'd touched something
repellant stuck to the bottom of his shoe

do I care? let him try to save face,
I just want to get past this necessary
but deeply agitating side trip
without being further molested


[narrative on a dream of 12-15-15. Photomorph "Through Rose Colored Glasses" (9-5-13 005v7) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home