Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, November 26, 2015

THE VIOLIN SINGS (photomorph) & WHAT MUSIC (dream tanka pair) by Roswila


WHAT MUSIC

"Oops!" I say loudly,
knowing it will get my dense
roommate's attention
"I've cut the dining room
table top by accident"

the dark curving slice
lies there like the f hole
in a violin
and I wonder what music I might
make from this suggestive mistake


[two tanka on a dream of 11-25-15. There's several levels to this little dream; too much to go into here (for two, food and relationship issues). But this part of the chorus lyrics to the song by Elle King, "Ex's & Oh's," highlights one of the several levels. (The song was the "soundtrack" to my dream.) --

"One, two, three, they gonna run back to me
'Cause I'm the best baby that they never gotta keep
One, two, three, they gonna run back to me
They always wanna come, but they never wanna leave"

Photomorph "The Violin Sings" (11-24-15 049v7) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home