Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

EYE ON THE FULL MOON (photomorph) & ON COMPLAINING (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


ON COMPLAINING

what a bunch of complainers!

she opens the bathroom medicine
cabinet and it squeals, most
certainly not with delight
but as if painfully injured
and needing an aspirin itself

yet this vociferous cabinet
has nothing on that exercise
machine on which she toiled away
the other day, fervently hoping
its hide-and-seek, mouse-like
noise wouldn't escalate into
a chalk-on-a-black-board squawking
at being used, but it did, as usual

and what about that front door
she opened on the way
to use that mouse-cum-
squawker, though to give the devil
its due, the door had not yelped
in annoyance at having to open up
in a quite some time

it's as if these upright supports
of her world express
her hoarded stash of complaints,
even as they give her
more about which to grumble


[non-dream free verse poem written 4-23-15 (during my spring blogging break). I've had this on the back burner since writing it, just not sure enough about it. Despite tweaking and picking at it whenever I saw it in my unposted folder. But I'm in the middle of an exceptionally intense PMS (pre-full moon syndrome) attack today and I'd love to do some loud complaining. You wouldn't want to hear what's been screeching through my mind. I certainly don't, but haven't much choice (Big Wry Smile). I have started working on a surprisingly positive dream piece from last night. But given how perfectionism tortures me even more than usual during PMS, I was sure I couldn't get it into shape in time for posting today. Photomorph "Eye on the Full Moon" (7-11-13 005v7c) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home