Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, July 23, 2015

OVER & OVER (photo) & BELOW THE SURFACE (dream narrative) by Roswila


BELOW THE SURFACE

naked ... again! I begin wending my way through
the dingy maze of this below the surface train station
to where I'd stored a few of my things, maybe
I left clothes there the last time I was down here

suddenly I'm faced with an open expanse
of sunny city streets, and when I turn away
from the not unpleasant view to go deeper into
this warren of a station for my belongings,
a young dark man promptly stops me and says
I'll have to pay to get back into the station

he doesn't respond when I point out that I
didn't go through any exit and there isn't
even one near us that I can see!

instead he starts telling me about how
totally focusing on his first committed love
relationship has helped him to get into
recovery from his addiction

before I can say "Isn't that sort of obsessive
focus an expression of addiction," a packed subway
train pulls up, and a young celebrity gets off

he and I are happy to see each other as it's been
a long time, but he begins to get rather too intimate
with me, and I gently but firmly distance myself
as I know he not only has a lover but is married

though part of me wishes otherwise,
I realize neither of these men offers
anything helpful or appealing, in fact
they're impeding my progress

so now which way should I go? pay the price and continue
to wander where I've already been, or take a free shot
and explore those sunny but unknown city streets


[narrative on a dream of 7-20-15. I've probably noted this about my narratives (and almost all other writing I do about dreams): it ultimately goes a bit beyond what I recall, to my conscious reaction to it. I.e., to some part of what I began to hear the dream saying as I wrote about it. Photo "Over & Over" (7-12-15 004v2b) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home