Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

THE LAUNCH PAD (photomorph) & THE MAN AND I (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


THE MAN AND I

the man and I each
care for a different big baby,
solemnly swearing
to protect our charge from all
threats that may come its way

each baby then lobs
a hot stream of anger across
the room at the other,
even as they do the man and I
realize those streams will collide ...

and bounce right back on their big baby senders!
we rush to pull our charges out of their own ways


[two tanka and a two-liner on a dream of 7-20-15. Could this dream be any more pointed? (Thank you, Chandler. Yeah, I've seen too many "Friends" reruns recently.) Of course, there may be more in it that will come to me as I go about my day. However, as it stands now it's a timely reminder, with some interesting (it's begun to open up a little more as I've been typing this) permutations. Photomorph "The Launch Pad" (4-21-15 004v3a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home