Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, September 07, 2009

IN LOMPOC VALLEY (a haibun) by Patricia Kelly



IN LOMPOC VALLEY, CALIFORNIA

As he drives we glory in the panoramic beauty of each new view. We approach another deep curve and he comments that we'll soon see where a wild fire raged two or three years ago:

slow turning
mountains
with five o'clock shadow


* * * * * * * *

[Haibun -- in the Japanese tradition, poetic prose topped by a haiku. The photo was taken during a different ride on the way down from Painted Cave which is closer to Santa Barbara, but looks like what we saw in Lompoc Valley.]

© photo and haibun by Patricia Kelly, 2009

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,





**** [aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT, and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems ****

2 Comments:

At 12:46 PM , Blogger Poeteye said...

Historical Twist
-- James Ph. Kotsybar

Mr. Fields tried to put Lompoc down
for its start as a temperance town.
He should have lived to see
what it would come to be.
Now, for wine, it has gained great renown.

 
At 1:23 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Poeteye,

Thanks for your poem. And it is ironic. I have shots of the temperance mural in Lompoc. (Not very good ones or I'd probably have posted them here with something by now.)

I wasn't aware of Lompoc's wine fame, though. I'm a life-long New York city person. Only here in CA for a little over three years. I'm still getting to know Central and South Central CA, even as it -- like everything in life -- changes around me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home