Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, April 20, 2009

STANDING BY A WEEPING WILLOW STUMP, poem by Patricia Kelly


This is one of those poems that has taken weeks to complete. (Though truth be told, I don't consider any poem complete. I just reach a point where I feel I can let it rest. However, I do sometimes edit poems that are years old.) In this case, I think the lengthy time it took was because the issue behind the metaphor was still in process, still changing. I.e, I wasn't as certain that the relationship was as over as my initial feelings seem to indicate. I now know that it is over and I'm able to stop "picking at" this poem. I'd type a smiley emoticon here, but it's all too sad. Necessary and a healthy move for me, but still sad and difficult.

Normally, I'd post the accompanying photo before the poem. But for some reason, I want to post this one after. It's a photo I took today of the stump that precipitated the above poem. The colors are a bit paler in the photo than in the actual stump and some of the swirling lines aren't as apparent. But I think it can give you at least an idea of what struck me that day in early April:




* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,





**** [aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT, and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems ****

4 Comments:

At 4:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Willow
Cut down
Sad

Swwetie

 
At 9:02 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

what do you say
after you say it's over
wind but no willow

 
At 12:51 PM , Blogger Eccentric Scholar said...

"a tree stump, like a wayside shrine" —R. Andrew Rathbone

 
At 2:52 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Thanks for stopping by this blog, eccentric scholar. (I'm still going to do that Tarot reading post to my Tarot blog that we emailed about. Possibly by this weekend ...)

Yes, there is something sacred about sights/sites like these, or certainly my experience of them. What's rather interesting to me is that this stump is almost at a three-way crossroads and three-ways are said to be sacred to Hecate, one of my favorite Deities. Hm ...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home