Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, October 23, 2006

BREAK/FAST (A Dream-Based Poem)

[Awakening (Judgment) card in The Gaian Tarot by Joanna Powell Colbert]


BREAK/FAST

We stand outside in the gloom
watching as birdseed cascades
from the broken window feeder
"But we have to fix it," I say,
"Or we'll have flocks
of wild birds gathering"
"Exactly," he says, an elfin grin
on his golden face
I spin around to look toward the east,
my hungry spirit
lofting with the sun


* * * *

I'm not sure when I wrote this poem, but it has to be close to 20 years old. I know I was living in my current home because at the time of the dream I had been considering setting up a bird feeder on the terrace. Hm. I just remembered that a roommate who moved in some time after the dream did start feeding the birds from our terrace. :-)

Resource: World Dream Bank: Poetry.

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blog: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL.

2 Comments:

At 10:44 AM , Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

That's a lovely poem - I can see the flocks gathering!

 
At 7:41 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

I'm glad you can see them. :-) It was one of those dreams that really lifted my spirits.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home