Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, January 15, 2018

ASHES, ASHES, ALL FALL DOWN (photomorph) & DOS DESPEDIDAS (dream narrative) by Roswila


DOS DESPEDIDAS*

dream one:

to get him to leave my rooms, I volunteer
to light the stub of his cigarette, knowing
that he'll have to leave to smoke it; even as
I blow out the match I'm shooing him out
the front door, telling him to hurry on his
way because I don't want anyone to think
I've been smoking since, as he well knows,
it's against the rules; while he's walking
over the door sill a fellow resident he's
friendly with tries to step into my room
and takes the cigarette from him, puffing
hungrily on it; there's barely anything
left of the stub and I'm reminded of my
hippie days and how we'd use a tweezers
to hold the last bit of a joint; but no matter
that fond memory, I want these two out of
my space for even if I have found this
second man rather attractive, I now no
longer do: so desperate for a drag he's
blocking my doorway and, worse yet,
as usual he's still not acknowledging my
existence, only that cigarette stub that's
nearly burning his fingers: Out! Out! I
demand, more than happy to relieve
myself of dealing with either of them


dream two:

we have another new hair stylist working in our
community's salon; I haven't ever used it over the
years but for some reason let this newest woman
rig my long hair up in a tight, skull skimming
confection, none of it loose, not even a small
dangling braid; it feels odd but I like what she's
done and wonder if anyone will even notice,
the last and only time I arranged my hair in a
tight bun no one said a word; as I walk down
the central Promenade toward the dining room
I recall that as a symbol hair often represents
our thoughts, and I chuckle to myself: how is
my thinking changing, and about what,
or maybe, whom?


[narrative on two dreams of 1-13-18. * "Dos Despedidas," Spanish for "Two Good-Byes." LOL! Analyzing that second dream as I was dreaming it. It wasn't really a lucid dream (knowing one is dreaming as one is actually dreaming). But it illustrates a tendency I'm seeing more and more as I get even older. Dreams and waking seem to be becoming more similar (dreams more realistic and waking ever more filled with imaginative scenarios). Here, in the end of that second dream I'm essentially doing what my waking mind would have on recalling the dream. Photomorph "Ashes, Ashes, All Fall Down" (12-30-17 006v4) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home