Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, January 14, 2018

RAPPROCHEMENT (photomorph) & FLOORED, or WHICH IS THE BIGGER B.S. STORY? (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


FLOORED, or, WHICH IS THE BIGGER B.S. STORY?

dream one:

a sweetheart from my teenage years
that my best girlfriend stole from me
rebounds, repeating that he likes me ...
likes me ... really likes me; and not as one
might think to reassure me that he won't
desert me again for her, but oddly enough,
I sense that it's to stress it's not love he's
talking about but a genuine liking; as we
sit on the floor and I try to get comfortable
enough to cuddle with him against the wall,
I watch the profusion of tattoos on his arms
moving like little mouths and chuckle silently
and wryly to myself as I recall that old joke
about lawyers and I think: how can you tell
when a man is lying? his mouth's moving


dream two:

rearranging my small apartment's not only
a lot of work but a challenge, move one thing
and twenty others have to be put somewhere
else to make room for it; and all the dust and
gunk that's getting stirred up! I know I've not
done a thorough cleaning in quite some time
but didn't think it'd gotten quite this bad! I
decide to sweep even though the reorganizing's
far from complete, as it'll make things more
visually pleasant, not to mention I won't be
tracking crap everywhere as I go on rearranging;
yikes! what's this! a pile of ancient, dried dog doo
behind a small plank propped against the baseboard
in the kitchen: what the hell? my roommate of many
years ago told me she'd gotten rid of all this shit,
yet here it is! big as life and twice as ugly! at least
it's aroma, shall we say, is long gone, but that's
small comfort, I think, as I sweep the large hard
turds onto a sheet of newspaper preparing
to get rid of them at last


[free verse poem on two dreams of 1-11-18. I blush to admit my rooms really do need a thorough cleaning. However, house cleaning here is a metaphor. I've got more inner garbage to organize and/or toss than I'd realized. BTW, the people in these dreams are folk I knew many years ago (actually, the woman's the same one in both dreams). And the dreams helped me recognize resonances with current relationships. Talk about a need for house cleaning! Not necessarily tossing the relationships, but how I do them, how I am within them. I'm also reminded of that old expression "What you permit, you teach." And that repeated image of a floor is intriguing, which is why I stress it in the title. Photomorph "Rapprochement" (10-3-11 11324v6a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home