Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, October 12, 2017

LAVENDER THRONE (photomorph) & THE FATHER I NEVER HAD (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


THE FATHER I NEVER HAD

the father I never had bends
over to push his dark haired
young daughter along the sidewalk
in her plastic, lavender and pink
toy auto, the battery clearly
running very low

the father I still sometimes
wish for whispers over my
shoulder into my ear: "I am
here for you, just open your
heart as wide as your anxious
eyes; I've had your back
all along as you hobble
forward into each new day"

this loving duo disappears
down the tree-lined sidewalk,
leaving me with the gift
of seeing that what never was
does sometimes take on
a life of its own


[non-dream free verse poem written 9-17-17. This one's been on the back burner for a month. It's OK as a poem (not particularly over the moon about it, but OK). However, read in its partly autobiographical context it's a little misleading. I did have a father, and one who loved me. It's all the other stuff that came along with that love, though, that produced this poem. Leaving me with that wish for the safe, supportive father I never did have. And the recognition that day that sometimes fantasy does important stand-in work, without our even realizing it. I.e., that I have on occasion had a safe, supportive "father within." Photomorph "Lavender Throne" (8-15-17 003v3s) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home