Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

LOCK-UP (photo) & YOU AGAIN! (dream based free verse poem) by Roswila


YOU AGAIN!

you again in a dream, wearing some stranger's
face and body, but I'd know that energy of yours
anywhere; and, as always, there's something I don't
understand, this time literally as your words are totally
garbled; the only thing abundantly clear, as always
before, you want to get what you're saying through
to me, even as you lean into me in an habitually
seductive but mostly very serious way, the fullness of
your sexual heat held away from me as if locked in a
black box out of my reach; but none of this is what you're
trying to say to me, and I'd have dropped these weighty
and cumbersome attempts to understand ages ago, but
my tired old hawk's eyes see too much to let them go,
to let them smash like empty shells on the rocks below;
and yet, I freeze in the midst of flying off again after
tonight's frustrated struggle to comprehend: could it be,
after all, that your message is incredibly simple?
to give up trying to know or to understand?
stop trying to anticipate what might happen?
and walk that tight rope of the moment
without the net of knowing?


[non-dream free verse poem written 9-12-17. Photo "Lock-up" (8-7-17 003v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home