Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, May 15, 2017

THE DUEL (photo) & ZORRA (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


ZORRA

the costume's coming together nicely,
it'll be fun to be Zorro, maybe I'll
even spray my hair black for the night,
then there are those black glasses of mine
that I can tape a little mask to, and I'm sure
fake swords abound on e-bay, while a cape's
a cinch to hand sew out of some cheap
material -- I can even paint the requisite
"Z" on it's back

but what to do about the waist down, I
most certainly can't (nay, refuse to) wear
slacks and Zorro would never wear a skirt,
not that Hero! (I can just see him jumping
into a fight, skirts flapping, revealing a pair
of nice, slim legs -- men have all the luck!)

well, what if I'm a female Zorro: Zorra!
yeah, who wants to wait around anyway
for some male to notice what's going on
and then decide whether or not
to come to the rescue,
I can make my own decisions
about rescuing from now on,
thank you very much


[free verse poem on a dream of 5-14-17. This was in direct response to a request I made of my dream world as I went to sleep last night. I'd done some Tarot reading earlier that evening and the Page of Swords in the Tarot of the Cat People came up as an important card:


One of the meanings I've picked up over the years for this card (in any deck) is "The child of difficult parents who ultimately overcomes." Too much to go into, but that led to the request of my dream world, leading to this dream poem. Photo "The Duel" (2-27-17 037v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home